Monday, August 23, 2010

Naked by David Sedaris

Are you kidding me? How is this a New York Times Bestseller? David, you're a good-looking man and I'm certain a great and awesome person, but this book...what the crap? There's no point to it...unless you're obsessed with David Sedaris and want to know some juicy and fun details about his life. I guess it makes sense for the title of the book to be Naked. But I didn't even know who he was before I read this book.

I did enjoy the humor, but wondered if other readers found it hard to keep up with the book seeing as how in one chapter he's seven years old, in the next he's 17 and then in the next he's nine. Regardless, you do find yourself wanting to road trip across the US and live spontaneaously for a few years. And it does provide educational insight into nudist colonies. Perhaps that's the kicker with this book: the one chapter on living in a nudist colony.

Why should you read it? *silence* I can't quite put my finger on it, but David is still a fun personality and even though there's no purpose to this prose...yeah I can't do it. I can't find a reason. Sorry. I don't know you, David, but hearts from me (just not for Naked).

No comments:

Post a Comment