Monday, October 18, 2010

A Rose For My Mother by Nancy Lee Canfield

A Rose For My Mother by Nancy Lee Canfield is a truly inspiration piece, not just for women either. Being a HUGE Charles Dickens fan, I was quickly taken with Nancy's autobiography of her childhood, which described a life of foster homes and being torn from her family. Her early adult life encapsulated the very essence of the unjust and helpless life most women lived in the 50s and 60s. Nancy Lee perfectly epitomizes the frustrations and discriminations of womanhood. Her later years, however, seem to rescue her and set her free into a world where her imagination and determination are the limit.

The story is that of a woman who grows into her paranormal sensitivities and flourishes in the world of parapsychology. Nancy Lee believes anyone can tap into these sensitivities. She writes that she was alone a lot as a child and this forced her to become inward. This inwardness provided the route to access her psychic abilities. At the end of the book there is an appendix that describes how to meditate, relax, and cleanse your mind to ready the body for these experiences.

I cannot begin to describe how much I really enjoyed A Rose For My Mother. Anyone who enjoys Charles Dickens will love this autobiography (and I'm NOT an autobiography fan).

Congratulations on your publication, Nancy Lee, and I hope to see more prose from your pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment